The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art (PMC) is committed to providing access to its published materials and activities in as unimpeded a manner as it can allow for as broad a public as it can reach. In its roles as both an educational charity and a research institute, the PMC aims to promote the awareness, study, and enjoyment of British art. As such, this publication is released under a CC-BY-NC International 4.0 licence.
We encourage users to identify the use of materials made available through this website and to provide an appropriate credit to the to the author and the publication, so that others may find and use our resources.
The PMC fully supports the protection of intellectual property and is committed to complying with, and strictly adhering to, all applicable copyright law. In some cases, exceptions to copyright that permit limited use of protected works without the permission of the copyright owner may have be applied. We are confident that we have carried out due diligence in our use of copyrighted material as required, but we apologise for any inadvertent infringement of rights.
On this site, digital copies of resources are made accessible for research for one of the following reasons:
- they are in the public domain;
- the rights are owned by the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art;
- we make them accessible under an exception or limitation to UK copyright law, as outlined in the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended);
- we have permission to make them accessible;
- or, there are no known restrictions on use.
Take Down Policy and Procedures
In order to make our collections available to the widest audience possible, the PMC has placed digital copies of selected resources online. For each of these resources, we have made efforts to ascertain the rights status. If you believe that we have made a mistake and wish for your material to be removed from our site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information with your request:
- Name and contact information, including email address and phone number.
- Identification of the resource for consideration of removal. Providing URLs in your communication will help us locate content quickly.
- The reason for the request.
The PMC respond promptly, normally within 15 business days. We may remove the resource from our site while we assess the validity of the request. Upon completion of the assessment, we will take appropriate action and communicate that action to you.